1. Your responsibility. You assume the responsibility for safely using all carriers and for inspecting the stitching and fabric on all carriers to satisfy yourself that the carrier is sound, and you assume the risk of using a carrier. Each time you borrow a carrier, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Malaysian Babywearers, its leaders, librarians and members, for any harm that may result to you or your child from the use of the carrier, including any harm resulting in the Releasees’ negligence.
2. Duration of Checkout. Checkout is for one month only. Please email your request to the appropriate librarian (see above) at least 24 hours before the meeting/playgroup/outing. If you want the carrier sent to you, you are required to pay shipping charges to and from the library. If you cannot return the item at the next month’s meeting, please return it to the librarian in person or by mail. You can make arrangements to return an item in person or by mail by contacting the appropriate librarian.
3. Late Fee. There is a RM1 per day late fee for any carrier that is more than a week overdue.
4. One per Month. You may only check out one carrier per month.
5. Deposit. You are responsible to pay a fully refundable deposit of the retail value of the carrier. This value is noted in the database. The deposit can be paid via bank transfer or cash. Your deposit will be refunded upon receipt of the carrier in the same condition that you borrowed it in.
6. Tobacco Smoke and Pet Hair. Do not expose a carrier to tobacco smoke or tobacco smoke residue. Do not use a carrier where people are smoking, and do not store a carrier in a place where there is tobacco smoke residue, such as in a car where someone smokes. If you use the carrier around animals, please take care to remove any pet hair before you return it.
7. Condition on Return. Please return all carriers in such a condition that they are ready for the next person to check out. This means the carrier should be reasonably clean and neatly folded. This does not mean you necessarily have to wash the carrier. If it is not dirty, you do not have to wash it. Do not wash it if it has only sustained normal wear and tear. Minimal washing will keep the carriers looking newer longer. If it is dirty, please wash it. If a carrier is obviously dirty, or is wadded up and generally not in ready-for-checkout condition, there is a RM6 cleaning fee.
8. Cleaning. Never ever use fabric softener, bleach, or detergents with perfumes when laundering a carrier. Unless otherwise instructed, you may launder all carriers in cold water on the gentle cycle and air dry them. If you have questions about laundering a carrier, contact your librarian.
9. Harm to Carriers. Please treat the carriers with respect. If you ruin a carrier, you are responsible for paying the actual replacement cost of the carrier (in the same condition – new if it was new, gently used if it was gently used), including shipping. Using fabric softener or bleach on a carrier will be considered ruin. The librarians and leaders in their sole discretion will determine whether a carrier is ruined.
10. Termination of Privileges. Violation of these policies may result in termination of a member’s borrowing privileges.
All you have to do is to register yourself as a member of the MBW Carrier Lending Library for a NON-REFUNDABLE annual fee of RM 30.00 to be eligible to borrow a carrier. A fully refundable deposit equivalent to the replacement value of the carrier is also charged at the time of borrowing.
As of 11th April 2009 (i.e. Penang's April gathering), we have 5 registrations.
We are looking towards making more choices available in the library with the registration fees. Let us know what you'd like to see in the library :) Better still, let us know if you have something you would love to donate to us :D
Among others, these are what we have to date:
- Pouches... Littlepods, Moley Garden, Peekaroobaby, The Baby Loft
- Rings Slings... DIY, Peekaroobaby, Sleeping Baby Productions, The Baby Loft
- Mei Tai... DIY
- Wraps... DIY, Peekaroobaby
- SSC... Beco Butterfly, Littlepods
Many thanks to sponsors and donors...
- Audrey of The Baby Loft
- Farid of Mei's Mei Tai
- Jess of Peekaroobaby
- Joanne of Littlepods
- Melor of Moley Garden
- Shida of Charantya Store
- (please, please let me know if I left out your name)